Tuesday, April 5, 2011

You down with DPP?

The Double Period Project- oooh... should I?

So, I joined YWU/FR today (I think I'm addicted- I also joined ALFHAM earlier this week) and I happened across the Double Period Project. (See above link for description of contest.) I've been meaning to make a Regency kit for some time now, and there are a few events in the area that are 1812 events... so I'm wondering if this might not be the kick in the butt that I need to get some 1812 clothing in my wardrobe.

I haven't started looking at plates yet for inspiration, but I already can tell you that if I do this I'll be going for historical accuracy more so than "inspired by". Ah, how I wish I was able to costume all of the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would sincerely love to hear your thoughts on all this, so please feel welcome to comment here :-)